Hampshire School Games Challenge
February is Healthy Heart Month!
The Hampshire School Games organisers are challenging children to some physical activities to help us all to keep our hearts healthy.
Below are links to two activities!
Skipping Challenge - for children in KS2, the challenge is to see how many skips you can do in 60 seconds. Complete the challenge during the week of 8th-12th February. Can you beat your daily score?
Dance Challenge - the song to dance to is 'Count on Me' by Bruno Mars!
- The theme of the dance should be 'Empathy'
- Dances should be 30-40 seconds long.
- Performances can be solo, duo (2) or group dance.
- They can be any style of dance
Design and perform a dance routine. You will be scored on:
- The idea - originality and innovation (10 marks)
- The performance - focus, enthusiasm, theatrics, timing (10 marks)
- The movements (10 marks)
- Use of different actions - travelling, jumping, turning and gestures
- Use of different dynamics - force, speed and flow
- Use of space - levels, directions and formations.
Email your finished entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th February 2021.