Information about Remote Learning at Portway
The Temporary Continuity Direction, published on 1st October 2020. states that all schools have a legal duty to provide remote education to children unable to attend school due to coronavirus.
Our key aims in providing remote education are to:
- Ensure learning is quality and aligned as closely as possible with in-school provision
- Ensure consistency in our approach to remote learning
- Share expectations for all members of our school community with regards to remote learning.
Guidance from the government states that a person should be self-isolating if:
- They have any COVID-19 symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of or change in your normal sense of taste or smell)
- You, or someone in your household, are waiting for a test result.
- You, or someone in your household, tests positive for COVID-19
- You are notified by NHT Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app that you could be at risk of having coronavirus because you've been in close contact with someone who has the virus.
If you need to notify us during the school holiday of a positive COVID-19 test, then please email email@example.com Please do not use this email address for any other purpose.
Our policy for remote learning at Portway, as well as other important documents, can be read in full by clicking the links below.